- All players must be 20 years of age or younger as of the beginning of the first round of the tournament. No one graduated from high school may enter.
- Only players residing in North America(US, Canada, Mexico) may participate.
- Players must attend and represent their respective schools.
- Eligible teams must be learning institutions, or schools where members learn a subject other than Go, such as language schools. Go clubs, where members learn only Go together, are NOT eligible.
- A team must have three players and may have one substitute player who will play in the event that a player from that team is absent.
- Each learning institution may field a maximum of three teams.
- Team order within a team must be from strongest player to weakest player (1st to 3rd board).
AGHS Tournament Room on KGS.(Rooms->Tournaments->AGHS Tournament Room)
19 x 19 board
Rule Set: AGA
45 minutes main time and 5 periods of 30 second Byo-yomi
Komi: 7.5 points in an even game, 0.5 points during a handicap game unless otherwise stated
- Touch move rules apply unless consented to by both players.
- NO ONE other than a TD(Tournament Director or Official) may speak to players during a game. Speaking to anyone else about any games in progress will result in a penalty.
- In the event of any dispute, stop the clocks(When one person leaves the game without resigning, the clock will stop; search out an official then. Make sure you don’t resign when this happens or else it will count as a loss) and ask a TD. If you think a TD has made an error, email firstname.lastname@example.org. A frivolous claim will result in a penalty.
a. If a game is in progress and there has been a mistake in time settings or handicaps, the game will continue and there will be no rematch.
EXCEPTION: If the error is noticed within the first 10 moves, then a rematch is permissible.
b. If a game has concluded and there has been a mistake in time settings of handicaps, the game result is settled and there will be no rematch.
- Running out of time is a loss.
- The game is over when both players agree to a result. The winner of the game will then submit the result of the game to a TD of his or her particular division via a private message.
PM format: Name, Opponent’s Name, Division, Result
(Ex: Bob beat Joe in the Junior Varsity division by resignation.)
- If a player is late to his or her scheduled game, the late person will be deducted the amount of time from the start of his or her game clock.
a) Both players will start the game with the original time minus the late time. The late player will then add time for his or her opponent until the opponentâ€™s time is 45 minutes.
- If a player does not arrive within 30 minutes of the round start, a substitute player must be present or else he or she forfeits the game.
- A substitute player will play at his/her registered rank, and handicaps will be adjusted.
Please notify your section’s TD if you are playing as a substitute player and specify your registered rank.
- Ties will be broken using the following system: # of round wins-># of board(game) wins->Sum of Opponent’s (Team) Score
- Teams will be paired against others with similar scores. Efforts will be made to avoid pairing teams from the same school, but this may be unavoidable.
- All teams that participate will receive an award only if the team completes 66% of its games.
Registration is now open! Click here!